August 29, 2010

Country Roads

Almost heaven, West Virginia
Blue Ridge Mountains
Shenandoah River -
Life is old there
Older than the trees
Younger than the mountains
Growin' like the breeze

Country roads, take me home
To a place I belong
West Virginia, mountain momma
Take me home, country roads.......


Having planted new routes in the town of Washington DC, I am energized, focused, and developing new opportunities. Refreshing is hard, changing routes was never my thing and I try to establish a routine everywhere I go.

Leaving the past two years behind is so relieving and liberating. College is a bubble, 2 years may be enough to get what you need and get out, 4 years will be enough to make an impact while you're there.

During the summer of no destination, a.k.a job searching, I discovered;
  • how working hard for something doesn't necessarily mean you should.
  • Taking things with stride tend to leave you with better results.
  • Being open to things you weren't before can change you for the better.
  • Surprise is a feeling that guarantees you're alive.

*Don't ever settle.

1 comment: